Business Succession Planning
Being a business owner is more than a full-time job, it's a lifestyle choice. Those who do it well embrace every aspect of the experience and the responsibility. Many of the business owners we work with rarely take the day off, often can be found working on the weekend, and are always looking for the next opportunity to expand or diversify. That's why it is not surprising that most business owners have an innate fear of relinquishing control in the most meaningful aspects of their lives - their business, their family and their finances.
We specialize in helping successful business owners create financial balance and purpose, driven by their own vision of the future. Business owner planning is very different than traditional personal financial planning, and thus brings to the forefront a whole new universe of financial opportunities for effective change that can drive the business, the owner and their family to new levels of success.
From necessary partnership agreements and golden handcuff contracts, to the complex transfer of assets to family members outside of the enterprise, we specialize in planning for the unique planning circumstances that face every business owner at every stage of their business development process.
It is our goal to simplify the business owner planning process to its essence empowering business owners that work with us to do what they do best, make sound and appropriate decisions to move their enterprise and their financial situation forward.
Our services in this area include:
- Analyze present succession plan.
- Determine the effectiveness of your present plan and recommend changes as needed.
- Coordinate this plan with your estate arrangement.
- Make a preliminary determination of the reasonableness of existing estimates of the value of your business. (Value to be based upon accountant's value, outside evaluation or your estimate.)
- Illustrate the economics of the several alternatives available to fund business agreements.
- Discuss methods to help minimize the tax liabilities incurred in business transfer transactions.